· Offerings in art and music serve as an introduction to students for creativity through self-expression.
· The offerings in music are designed to develop the student’s awareness of the aesthetics of music as the artistic expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
· The primary focus of the visual arts classes is studio production in order to develop student creativity through self-expression.
· In addition, students are expected to identify connections between major world events and issues and the ways artists have responded to these through their work.
· Students are also expected to make informed judgments about and gain a logical understanding of the function and nature of artistic expression.
"Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art." -Leonardo da Vinci