Back to top
|Title:||Head Volleyball Coach|
|Location:||Saint Joseph High School|
|Description:||The head volleyball coach is responsible for teaching sound volleyball skills as well as teaching the life lessons of discipline, hard work, sportsmanship, and teamwork. The coach is expected to uphold the mission of the school and to represent the school with integrity at all times.
Organize all aspects of the program including but not limited to:
• Daily and seasonal detailed practice plans to address physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development of student-athletes
• Direct supervision of coaches for freshman and JV teams
• Ensure consistency of skill development across all three teams
• Schedule all practice and weight room times with athletic director
• Maintain a safe environment for student-athletes at all times
• Organize and run an effective summer camp with an emphasis on reaching students from our feeder schools
• Work cooperatively with parents to schedule concessions workers, and organize meals, banquets, etc.
• Assist athletic director in scheduling matches
• Know and comply with all IHSAA rules and regulations
• Understand and reinforce school policies as outlined in the student-parent handbook and the athletic code of conduct
• Work with athletic director to order equipment needed for season
• Inventory, distribute, and collect all uniforms
• Develop, distribute, and administer end of season evaluation with all members of the program
• Organize one fund raiser per year for the program
• Organize end of the year banquet
|Requirements:||Bachelor’s degree preferred; 4 years playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references. Position will remain open until filled.
|Contact Name:||Deb Brown, Athletic Director|
|Contact Address:||453 N. Notre Dame Ave.|
|Contact City:||South Bend|